I just started going to the Mormon church and im getting baptized on January 5th. My husband is already converted! and hes super stubborn! And hes getting baptized with me. Everything ive heard so far from the missionaries and in church is understandable! Everything they teach is for good. So why do people hate it…
Just be glad you didn’t live during the Salem witch trials, perfectly good women torched! You think YOU have it tough! People will use God all kinds of ways to achieve personal goals be it as simple as peace in your heart or to obtain material things, fight wars, etc. Why should you care what anyone thinks if you are truly happy & at peace? I am no way near Mormon but I don’t slam them, I in turn would appreciate the same consideration and not have someone tell me if I don’t get “baptized” I’m wrong. See, its a 2-way street. When you live with peace in your heart you won’t be bothered by others opinions because thats really all it comes down to.
Because people like to point the finger. They like to mock others for their beliefs instead of looking at themselves. Most of the people mocking Mormons have their own skeletons. Yes, Mormonism is a strange denomination but that isn’t of a enough reason to make fun and mock the members. Mormons are actually friendly people, and they have a genuine interest in following Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, they are being misled by Joseph Smith. However, that doesn’t warrant being bigoted towards them.
Dear Mormon Sister,
I’m so happy to read of your great news. I was born in to the church but now in my 60’s have had exposure to a lot of religions via my patients over a 30 year career in counseling and nurse epidemiology. I respect people and their religions IF they respect me and mine. On this web site the hate-mongers come out and spew their poison… so funny to read their stupid answers like they are big authorities on the LDS religion. Remember though, Jesus was hated also and killed….I believe when that was happening, we were up in the spirit world and when we were told of what was being done to our brother, we cried!
So be strong and know that you are on the right path…. we love all unconditionally. I am so excited for you and your husband.
Most people don’t hate Mormons. Some of us are very interested in their history and find their doctrines quite fascinating, but they are convoluted and nonsensical too.
The problems we have are with the current leaders, the cover up of the history, the constant annoyance of missionaries coming to our own homes to tell us we are wrong, and their hatred of gays.
Are you aware that you can’t make it to the Celestial Kingdom without paying tithing? That is so not Christian. Without paying, you are denied seeing God after death. Huh?
And when you pay, they don’t tell you what they do with it. The LDS church takes in 5-8 billion a year just in tithing and gives almost no numbers on where it goes. Here’s a page from their own website that says they gave a billion to humanitarian causes – over 24 years, for 13 million members. That works out to $4 a year per person to charity. That’s obscenely low.
The average ward pays 300,000 to 500,000 per year to Salt Lake in tithing. It gets back a budget of $8,000 a year. Missionaries pay their own way. The total cost of the temple building program is a fraction of the take. There’s no paid clergy – so who gets it?
They are also financing a 3 billion dollar shopping mall in Salt Lake. It was estimated at .5 billion to start and no one can say where the rest of the money went. The mall will have million condos in it. Other churches tend to spend their money on building housing for the needy.
well i went to a Mormon church for a bit too because one of my really good friends is Mormon and yeah everyone is happy and smiling and yeah it seems so good but when you really think about it, it is like they are almost brainwashing you? im Roman Catholic and i already have received the sacrament of Baptism and on the first day when i went to the Mormon church right away they wanted me to be Baptised like why should i do that again? they are way too pushy with that, they seem to want people to only be Baptised to attend their church like for instance if you went to a Roman Catholic church or the Synagogue etc. they would be very welcoming but there is no pressure to be Baptised and forced into the church, you say your husband is very stubborn? theres a prefect example i dont want to be offensive but just really think about it and think if its your decision or their decision to be Baptised and i dont know why other people dislike Mormons…..
They are jealous that Mormons tend to be have stable families compared to other Christian sects. LDS dousnt have the chaos that other Christian churches have
You say every Mormon you met is very nice, and you believe their facade??? I mean really, Mormons are good at acting, and then when they get home behind closed doors where no one can see them, they are their true selves. Oh well. be Scammed.
It’s a silly scam. Do you really believe this nonsense? Even a scientologist would have a hard time swallowing this:
• God was once a man like us.
• God has a tangible body of flesh and bone.
• God lives on a planet near the star Kolob.
• God (“Heavenly Father”) has at least one wife, our “Mother in Heaven,” but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her nor pray to her.
• Jesus was married.
• We can become like God and rule over our own universe.
• There are many gods, ruling over their own worlds.
• Jesus and Satan (“Lucifer”) are brothers, and they are our brothers – we are all spirit children of Heavenly Father
• Jesus Christ was conceived by God the Father by having sex with Mary, who was temporarily his wife.
• We should not pray to Jesus, nor try to feel a personal relationship with him.
• The “Lord” (“Jehovah”) in the Old Testament is the being named Jesus in the New Testament, but different from “God the Father” (“Elohim”).
• In the highest degree of the celestial kingdom some men will have more than one wife.
• Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a “pre-existence”, during which we were tested; our position in this life (whether born to Mormons or savages, or in America or Africa) is our reward or punishment for our obedience in that life.
• Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin, or the sin of our ancestors. If sufficiently righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned.
• The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. All humanity before the Great Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah and the other survivors to the eastern hemisphere.
• Not only will human beings be resurrected to eternal life, but also all animals – everything that has ever lived on earth – will be resurrected and dwell in heaven.
• Christ will not return to earth in any year that has seen a rainbow.
• Mormons should avoid traveling on water, since Satan rules the waters.
• The sun receives its light from the star Kolob.
• If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.
• A righteous Mormon will actually see the face of God in the Mormon temple.
• You can identify a false angel by the color of his hair, or by offering to shake his hand
1 Peter 4:17 King James Version
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Corinthians 11:13-15 (King James Version)
13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
2 Thessalonians 2 (King James Version)
2 Thessalonians 2 KJV
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
THE CHURCHES ARE UNDER JUDGMENT
I think your overreacting… yes there are haters… but you said it yourself, you LOVE your religion.
So don’t let it get to you.
Just know that your beliefs, are your beliefs. You shouldn’t listen to the people that hate it…
Like… I’m an atheist… but my whole family is Mormon. I could never hate them ^_^