I genuinly find my mind numbed by the fact that in an age of science a bad habit which originates from the begining of moderately intelligent life still exists.
My first point:
If there is a God, why do bad things happen – and don’t give me the standard “God gave us free will B***sh*t” as only small…
Why ? Because God exists.
He does not exist because we say He does; He is independent of our proclamations. He does not exist because we want Him to exist; He is independent of our desires. He does not exist because in our ignorance, we insert God in order to explain the unknown; He is independent of our ignorance. No. God exists because He is. We Christians have experienced Him, felt Him, and know Him. We can see His hand in our lives. We see the circumstances of life move and be moved to bring us to answers that we know are from Him. We sense Him our prayers and our lives. We see Him work in the lives of others. We watch as He answers prayer and confirms in our own hearts His love for us. We know He exists because He exists.
The Bible speaks of God and does not defend His existence. It simply asserts it. Sometimes there are simply things you cannot prove to someone else, but you know. Yes, this is subjective, but it is often true.
To the query “Why is there but one God?” a child answered: “Because God fills every place, and there’s no room for another one.”
Believing in God is an act of faith and the free will to believe. You may not believe and that is your right. Why is there bad things, I believe that its a learning step or for the person that is behaving outside the Biblical teachings. such as adultery, look at Tiger Woods, he life and career has taken a nose dive. I am hear to convince you to believe. It’s up to you and I really don’t care what you think.
Wow, a few years back a cup was found with Goliath written on it. My understanding was they used carbon dated and it appeared that it was from the Biblical time. Scientist have yet to UN-PROVE the Bible. If they claim differently, LOL!! they are LIARS! LOL!!! You refer to Africans what about all other mankind. There are Many other races/people who have suffered. Who knows why? Maybe they have either been forced on a Dictator etc. or. Sometimes people elect their own miserable leaders and later find out that they were duped! Generations suffer.
Greed is a disease that all of mankind suffer from. Biological diseases? greed to rule other countries. Yes, innocent are caught in the cross fire. God bless the innocent ones. It just happens. In the end all will be balanced out.
If you believe the baloney that we were the result of Early Primate Evolution. No, I have the ability to think and I just don’t buy that crap!
Not even the highest heavens cannot contain God (1 Kings 8:27), He is still
nearby when we pray, unlike other Gods, which don’t even exist (Deuteronomy 4:7). Yet,
God is not just nearby, He is in fact everywhere! He fills heaven and earth and no-one can
hide from Him. There are no secret places where He is excluded (Jeremiah 23:23-24).
I am a poor excuse of a Christian, I don’t profess to be a perfect individual. I work on a daily basis to seek Gods’ grace. You don’t have to be convince… you KNOW, you feel something. Ask God to show himself, to prove himself to you. Or are you open minded enough, that when God expresses himself somehow, you will discount the miracle.
Make NO mistake for me and many like me; there is a God!!
People need hope. Hope comes if we think that there are things out there that explain everything we cannot begin to. People also wanted to control others, so they created something so profound that it challenged people to think “what if there is something out there that controls me and my actions?” Now we have to obey and live for this purpose so we wont get in trouble and be punished/sent to hell. People also want something to blame things on… Therefore, God is the perfect tool for such things.
1) I know you said not to say because God gave us free will, but that is the exact reason. By giving us free will, God gave us the opportunity to run our own lives…and that includes taking our own decisions. Our decisions can be bad ones or good ones, and each and every decision we make has an outcome, or a consequence. Some of these consequences can be good, others can be bad.
2) Once again, God gave us free will. By giving you free fill, God knew that you may not believe in him. God is loving and forgiving. He does not punish those on Earth who do not believe. There is always a chance that those who do not believe will change their minds. For those who still do not believe they will face their punishment in the afterlife.
While a printer flying around a room would be pretty spectacular, it is not likely to happen. And as for miracles, there are thousands of miracles everyday…big and small. Think about it, people surviving life-threatening illnesses, things that they should have died from, something that was his or her death sentence. Life, I mean, it truly is a miracle that two humans can create another human. People walking away from accidents unharmed. There are so many miracles out there, you just have to realize that they are miracles.
3) There is so much evidence left behind. The main thing of evidence, that absolutely proves God’s existence is this: Jesus was put in a tomb, but then He rose. How does this prove God’s existence? Well, the tomb was empty. If Jesus hadn’t of rose from the dead, He still would have been in the tomb. Also, people have believed in God for thousands and thousands of years. It is very very unlikely that if God was a lie people would still believe the lie. And the Bible is not the only proof of God. There are the lost Scrolls of the Dead See.
Take a look at this website for more proof: http://www.everystudent.com/features/ist…
4) I see a common theme in your questions…a lot of them can be answered with free will. God does not control what happens here on Earth. He does not control who rules over what people, or what those rulers do or say. They make their own decisions, and they say what they want to say.
5) God created diseases because we need challenges in our lives. We need to be challenged, tested. Also, sometimes people turn to God in times of need. And, maybe God did not create all diseases. Humans unsanitary could cause many diseases. And as for still borns? Maybe that baby had already served their purpose. Why make that child suffer here on Earth when they have already served there purpose and can be with God in Heaven?
6) Human nature is not inclined towards evil. To put it simply, humans are lazy. It is easier to fall into temptation than it is to resist it. For example, every person has sexual urges, even before they are married. So, why is it that so many people have sex before marriage instead of saving themselves? Well, they fall into temptation. They don’t try to fight the urges, instead they take the easy way out and act upon the temptation. We want to good, not evil. But, our tendency to take the easy way out often times gets in our way. Our current culture has a lot to do with this too!
7) Well, let me tell you something, choosing evolution as an example was a very poor choice on your part. God works through nature. Therefor, who is to say God that didn’t use evolution to create humans? I know if we were having a face to face conversation you would say “Well, God created the whole entire world, including humans, in just seven days.” Who knows how long seven days was to God. Seven days could have been 7 years, 50 years, millions or billions of years.
So, it really all comes down to do you want to believe in God. Anyone can find a “reason” to not believe. They can make up excuses, try to disprove the proof, but if you are not willing to open your eyes and see what is right in front of you, you won’t believe. And, I probably bet you will make something up in your mind that make sense to disprove the proof that I just gave you.
But, I have one final question for you. What is the harm in believing in God? You live a good life, one that you can be proud of, and one that will make others remember you. You help others and try your best to love all and see everything as beautiful. And in the end you believe that you go to a much better place, a place that we as humans can’t even imagine. So, even if you live a life believing in God and it turns out He doesn’t exist, you won’t know that, but you will have lived a good, God-worthy life.
How can you not believe in God. The deception of satan has really hit hard for people to live in such darkness believing stupid man made theories that have more holes than swiss cheese. But what do you expect, it is written it will be that way, the blind will live in their blindness.
‘W’M’, 1. SIN. 2. JUDGMENT DEFERRED. 3. ALL-TIME BEST-SELLER. OLDEST BOOK. REAL LIVES CHANGED. 4. POPE IS NOT CHRISTIAN. 5. SIN. RAIN FALLS ON JUST/UNJUST. 6. SIN NATURE AFTER FALL. 7. ANIMALS REPRODUCE ‘AFTER THEIR KIND”. NATURAL SELECTION IS NOT EVOLUTION. AFTERTHOUGHT: HE LIVES IN ME. PASSED FROM ‘DEATH’ (IN SIN) TO ‘ETERNAL LIFE’. FEELING IS A BY-PRODUCT; EVERY DAY FOR 34 YEARS. BRAIN-WASHED? MY BRAIN (HEART) NEEDED WASHING. BLOOD SACRIFICE. THE CROSS. MANY INFALLIBLE PROOFS. HISTORY OF CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES (YOU ARE A BENEFICIARY). TO COME? RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT. “REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL” (MARK 1:15), OR, “DIE IN YOUR SINS” (JOHN 8:21). AND GOD THE SON WILL JUDGE YOU. BETER TO MAKE HIM YOUR SAVIOUR NOW. HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS.
Slow learners??? Who clearly didn’t get the memo about Santa Claus, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy either.
You parents feed you ALOT of BS as a child. Religious indoctrination is right behind the Tooth Fairy.
Because its built in us. Because we cant expalin how and why were here
You can find all of the answers by using Google or another search engine.
Stop ranting and asking the same questions again and again. Christians don’t have answers.
Because God is real.